UTB aims to provide the necessary support to students seeking opportunities for academic exchange, cultural, scientific, and facilitate cooperation with international organizations, all this meant to allow students to access UTB easily and with various options to new learning opportunities. For this reason we offer students the following services:
• Academic Exchanges
• Double Degree Programs • Internships
• Spanish as a Second Language Program
• Cartagena de Indias Summer School
• Faculty Leds
• Short term courses
• Visiting Professors Program
Why study in Colombia?
Study in Cartagena de Indias
Cartagena de Indias is a fascinating place to study. Declared by UNESCO as a World Historical and Cultural Heritage site in 1984, Cartagena combines its rich history and culture with a large industrial complex that includes petrochemicals, bio-fuels and agro industry, as well as maritime ports, logistic centers and shipyards. Cartagena is a prized tourist destination, visited by people from all over the world. It has developed a large hotel infrastructure and hosts many international cultural events, such as the Hay Festival, an International Music Festival, the Cartagena Film Festival and many more. Cartagena is also a great place for sports. It hosts multiple tournaments, such as windsurfing, sailing and yachting. All of the above offers students, faculty, and visitors to Universidad Tecnológica de Bolívar an unforgettable academic and cultural experience.
At UTB we do not have students residence. There are three accommodation alternatives:
• Room with a Colombian family (if you are interested in this option, please contact to Mobility coordinator – email@example.com), the monthly cost can range between 250 – 350 USD.
• Rent an apartment shared o individually: the monthly cost can range between 300 – 500 USD. The rooms are normally in apartment building, and the cost includes a management fee, use of kitchen, laundry services and internet access. All phone calls must be paid separately. It is common for tenants to ask students to pay one or two months in advance.
• Our Internacional Office will provide accommodation information and will offer support for a definitive alternative.
More information about Housing in Cartagena de Indias
Life in Colombia- International aplication
If you are interested in participating in any of the exchange processes that we offer, the following information will allow you to update yourself on issues such as procedures and necessary steps when traveling abroad.
Incoming –Outgoing Mobility Coordination
Phone number: +57 5 6535335